Furminator Large Firm Slicker Brush
- Simple, comfortable solution for clean, healthy coats
- Removes surface mats and detangles and smooths fur without pulling
- Brush design reduces pressure on the pet's skin
- Finishes coats, creating a natural shine
- Intended for pets with curly, long, or medium coats
Daily combing keeps the coat clean of debris, free of tangles, and looking nice by removing loose surface and topcoat hair. Daily brushing keeps the pet’s coat healthy, shiny and smooth by distributing oils across the skin and coat. Dematting will sometimes be a part of the daily brushing routine when mats occur in the pet’s hair. This entire process only takes a few minutes when done regularly.
With any brush, use short smooth strokes in the direction of hair growth. Start with the head and work your way to the tail. Pay special attention to the areas behind the ears and underneath the legs where matting is more likely to occur.
1. Before using a FURminator Professional Grooming Tool, perform a complete physical inspection of your pet. Look for sores, bruises and skin conditions, which may be concealed by his coat. If your pet has any of these conditions, seek treatment from a veterinarian before brushing.
2. The FURminator Firm Slicker Brush is gentle enough to use even on sensitive skin dogs. Use the tool 1-2 times a week for a few minutes each session to remove excess hair and debris, break up mats, tangles and help keep your pet looking his best.
3. The FURminator Firm Slicker Brush is an excellent choice for beginning the grooming process. Use this brush before bathing to remove mats, tangles or foreign material. It may also be used after bathing to give your pet a smooth coat.
4. Next use the appropriate comb for your pet’s needs.